For our USA Customers
We are pleased to announce that on September 1, 2019, we successfully moved assets of Nexeo Solutions, LLC into Univar USA Inc., changed our name and are now known as Univar Solutions USA Inc. (Univar Solutions). In addition to our legal entity change, we are planning the integration of our legacy Univar business systems into legacy Nexeo business systems in geographic waves, moving west to east, through the end of 2020. Beginning mid-October our Pacific Northwest region, which includes ship-to locations in Washington, Oregon, Alaska, and Idaho, will be the first wave to transact out of our integrated business system. We have notified customers that have a ship-to location in this region.
Our primary focus through these changes continues to be you – your needs and our ability to provide exceptional service . Below are key communications your company should have received along with answers to some common questions related to the integration. The actions requested varied depending on with whom you conducted business with in the past, as well as where you have ship to locations. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact your current Customer Service Representative or Sales Account Manager. Either can help provide additional support.
- AC LEC 2JUL19 All Customers, Legal Entity Change Notification, July 2, 2019
- AC LEC FAQ's 3SEP19 All Customers, Frequently Asked Questions, September 3, 2019
- LNC LEC 3SEP19 Legacy Nexeo Customers, Legal Entity Change Reminder, September 3, 2019
- LUC LEC W1 3SEP19 Legacy Univar Customer, Legal Entity Change Reminder, Wave 1 September 3, 2019
- OC LEC 3SEP19 Overlap Customer, Legal Entity Change Reminder, September 3, 2019
- OC LEC W1 3SEP19 Overlap Customers, Legal Entity Change Reminder, Wave 1, September 3, 2019
Frequently Asked Questions
1. WHEN WILL THE LEGAL ENTITY NAME CHANGE BE EFFECTIVE?
- The name change to Univar Solutions USA Inc will be effective September 1, 2019.
2. WHAT DO I NEED TO DO TO REFLECT THE NAME CHANGE IN MY SYSTEM?
- Please update the name from Univar USA or Nexeo Solutions to Univar Solutions USA Inc.
3. WILL THE TAX IDENTIFICATION NUMBER / EIN CHANGE?
- For Legacy Nexeo Solutions customers - YES, you will need to enter the new Tax Identification Number / EIN into your systems.
- For Legacy Univar customers - NO, your Tax Identification Number / EIN remains the same - no EIN change required.
4. WILL I NEED A NEW SALES TAX EXEMPTION CERTIFICATE? WHAT ABOUT A W-9?
- Yes, you will need a new Sales Tax Exemption Certificate and a W-9 form to support this change.
5. WHAT IF I WAS CHARGED TAX ON AN ORDER AND I AM A TAX-EXEMPT CUSTOMER?
- Contact your Customer Solutions Representative and provide a copy of your invoice that shows you were invoiced with tax.
6. WILL I NEED TO SIGN A NEW LEGAL CONSENT FORM?
- Yes, you will a new legal consent form to support this change.
7. WHOM DO I CONTACT IF I NEED A FORM?
- Please contact your current Customer Solutions Representative.
8. WILL MY INVOICES LOOK DIFFERENT?
- For Legacy Nexeo Solutions customers - YES, your invoices will have the Univar Solutions UAS Inc. logo on them beginning September 1, 2019.
- For Legacy Univar customers - NO, your invoices will look the same until you are migrated on the new ERP system. HOWEVER, you will have new banking information and remit to address. Please contact your Customer Solutions Representative for more information.
9. WHERE CAN I DIRECT GENERAL QUESTIONS?
- Contact your Customer Solutions Representative, Account Manager, or primary point of contact.